The Rail Academy is a specialist train driver training provider and part of SLC Operations – a licensed rail operator and an ORR approved Train Driver Training and Examination Centre. All our train driver training activities are fully compliant with the Train Driver Licensing and Certification Regulations 2010 (TDLCR 2010).
Driver and Guard Training
The introduction of any new or modified fleet of trains brings training challenges for any operator and manufacturer. We can help in several ways:
- Undertaking Risk Based Training Needs Analyses (RBTNAs)
- Developing bespoke training materials to support classroom and practical learning for drivers, guards and depot drivers
- Producing on line 3d traction materials which can be accessed remotely
- Working with in house training, safety specialists and union reps to ensure all materials are fit for purpose and can be successfully safety validated
- Training and assessing driver and guard instructors
- Providing Instructors to train drivers and guards
Vehicle Testing and Mileage Accumulation
SLC Operations can also supply drivers to undertake vehicle testing, mileage accumulation, delivery and collection.