The Rail Academy
The Rail Academy was established in 2020 and brings the rail industry a new choice in specialist Train Driver Training and Examination services.
Part of SLC Operations Ltd – a licensed train operator – we currently employ a team of 15 qualified Train Drivers, Train Driver Instructors and Trainee Driver Instructors as well as two Guard Instructors.
We are an ORR recognised Train Driver Training and Examination Centre; qualified and approved to deliver End Point Assessments for Train Driver Apprentices (Level 3) by NSAR; and RISQ validated as a Sentinel PTS provider.
Us in a Nutshell
The Rail Academy aims to become a leading provider of driver training and qualification in the UK.
We offer train operators in all sectors a unique new choice in how they carry out train driver training and promise an outstanding training and assessment service.
The Rail Academy can help with most areas of driver training and can deliver it however and wherever it is needed.
Our company is also investing in new, innovative ways of enhancing todays training approaches, using digital technologies.
We believe train drivers should have access to the very best training materials available, no matter where they work or who they work for. It is our goal to be part of delivering that.
Qualified & Approved
- A licensed train operator
- Office of Rail and Road (ORR) Approved Driver Training and Examination Provider, compliant with TDLCR 2010
- Approved by NSAR and ESFA to deliver End Point Assessments for Train Driver Apprentices (Level 3)
- Experienced team of Drivers, Instructors and Guards drawn from UK Passenger, Freight, Engineering and Maintenance Rail Sectors
- RISQ Approved Industry Supplier
- Purpose built training facility at Kings Norton Depot, Birmingham
- Web based Learning Management System (LMS) to support distance learning
The Rail Academy proudly supports:
Contact us today for more Information or to enquire about our services.