The Rail Academy was established in 2020 to provide specialist Train Driver Training and Examination services (Part A and Part B), Sentinel PTS training and End Point Assessments for Train Driver Apprenticeships (Level 3).
Part of SLC Operations Ltd – a licensed train operator and an ORR approved Train Driver Training and Examination Centre – we employ a team of 15 qualified Train Drivers, Train Driver Instructors and Trainee Driver Instructors as well as two Guard Instructors.
All our train driver training activities are fully compliant with the Train Driver Licensing and Certification Regulations 2010 (TDLCR 2010).
The Rail Academy team can help you deliver in house training materials or develop bespoke courses. We are also creating the UK’s first online training courses for Traction and Route refreshing using VR, 3d computer graphics and simulation.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more.
Qualified & Approved
- A licensed train operator
- Office of Rail and Road (ORR) Approved Driver Training and Examination Provider, compliant with TDLCR 2010
- Approved by NSAR and ESFA to deliver End Point Assessments for Train Driver Apprentices (Level 3)
- Experienced team of Drivers, Instructors and Guards drawn from UK Passenger, Freight, Engineering and Maintenance Rail Sectors
- RISQ Approved Industry Supplier
- Purpose built training facility at Kings Norton Depot, Birmingham
- Web based Learning Management System (LMS) to support distance learning
- End Point Assessments
- New Driver Training:
- From Street to Seat in around 26 weeks
- Hire of Driver or Guard Instructors and Assessors
- Creation of Digital Training Materials
- New and Modified Fleet Introduction including:
- Driver and Guard Training
- Vehicle Testing and Mileage Accumulation
- Sentinel Personal Track Safety (PTS):
- Sentinel Sponsorship
- New and Refresher PTS Courses
- DCCR (DC 3rd Rail) Course
- A training academy on Kings Norton light maintenance depot in Birmingham.
- Easily accessed by train, bus, road or locally on foot.
- Classrooms and breakout rooms, remote teaching technology and safe access to rail infrastructure.
- Train preparation, shunting, coupling, despatch and low speed handling can be done on site
- Access to main line practical handling and driver simulation
- On line learning management system and resource library provides access to high quality training materials as well as links to key railway safety information sites and documents.
Contact us today for more Information or to enquire about our services.