The Rail Academy was established in 2020 as part of SLC Operations Ltd. Since July 2022 it has operated as a separate company under the leadership of experienced rail industry leader, Cath Bellamy.
The Rail Academy aims to be the leading, independent, provider of rail operations End Point Assessments and Training in the UK.
We will specialise in supporting safety critical, operating roles including Train Drivers.
Through our exclusive industry relationships, we can provide experienced, qualified trainers and assessors across a range of safety critical operations roles including Train Drivers, Guards, Depot Drivers and Shunters. And unlike other providers, we can access resources now.
You can hire trainers and/or assessors to bolster your in house teams and programs; deliver your training and assessments for you; or undertake End Point Assessments for your Apprentices.
And to ensure the highest professional standards, all of the team are experienced railway operators, appropriately qualified and have their own competence tightly monitored and managed. CMS files are available for inspection and checking by clients if required.
So whatever you need, we are here to help. Call or email us and lets start a conversation.
Qualified & Approved
- Approved by OFQUAL to deliver End Point Assessments for the Train Driver Level 3 Apprenticeship (ST0645)
- Experienced team of Drivers, Instructors and Guards drawn from UK Passenger, Freight, Engineering and Maintenance Rail Sectors
- Purpose built training facility at Kings Norton Depot, Birmingham
- Web based Learning Management System (LMS) to support distance learning
- End Point Assessments
- Rail Operations Trainer and Instructor Hire
- On Line Learning Management System so we can train and assess remotely; or
- We can come to you; or
- Use our training academy on Kings Norton light maintenance depot in Birmingham.
- Easily accessed by train, bus, road or locally on foot.
- Classrooms and breakout rooms, remote teaching technology and safe access to rail infrastructure.
- Train preparation, shunting, coupling, despatch and low speed handling can be arranged
- On line learning management system and resource library provides access to high quality training materials as well as links to key railway safety information sites and documents.
Contact us today for more Information or to enquire about our services.